Temporary Visas

M-1 Visas

The M-1 visa is for vocational students enrolled full-time in a formal education program at a non-academic vocational or technical school authorized by the Department of Homeland Security to enroll foreign students. M-1 vocational students must be issued a Form I-20MN by the school, and must register for inclusion in the SEVIS database. M-1 students are admitted for a fixed time period necessary to complete the authorized course of vocational study, plus any period of optional practical training authorized by the school (the maximum is two months) plus a grace period of 30 days to depart after completion of the program or practical training, or for a maximum period of one year, whichever is less.

If you have any questions about obtaining an M-1 vocational student visa, contact Karin Wolman!

Have a Question?
Need Help? Let us know.

    What kind of immigration matter are you inquiring about? Please let us know.

    No sales solicitations