Temporary Visas

The I visa for journalists and other representatives of foreign information media may be obtained directly at an Embassy or Consulate. I visa applicants must present a valid passport, a currently valid press card from an accredited media organization, and a signed employment contract.

Foreign media representatives must be engaged in the production or collection of news or documentary programming to be distributed outside the U.S. Writing, editing, photographing, presenting or producing news and documentary programming is covered; entertainment and educational programming are not covered under the I visa. Admission to the United States is for duration of the employment agreement with the foreign media organization, not to exceed five years, but renewable with a new contract.

If you would like more information about I foreign media visas, please contact Karin Wolman for a consultation!

Have a Question?
Need Help? Let us know.

    What kind of immigration matter are you inquiring about? Please let us know.

    No sales solicitations