Citizenship Through Military Service

Individuals who have served at least one full year on active duty service in a branch of the United States military are eligible to naturalize if they are currently on active duty, or were honorably discharged within the past six months or less.

Veterans who have served any period of active duty in a branch of the U.S. military during a designated period of hostilities are eligible to naturalize at any time thereafter so long as any discharge at the conclusion of service was honorable. They have an obligation to complete five years of active duty military service.

Military applicants are exempt from the continuous residence and physical presence requirements, but must establish honorable service and good moral character during all periods of active service, and must demonstrate the requisite knowledge of English, basic civics, and attachment to the U.S.
Constitution at the time of interview.

Feel free to contact Karin Wolman – she is an expert NY based military naturalization attorney!

Have a Question?
Need Help? Let us know.

    What kind of immigration matter are you inquiring about? Please let us know.

    No sales solicitations