Immigration Lawyer New York

Military Naturalization

Individuals who have served at least one full year on active duty service in a branch of the United States military are eligible to naturalize if they are currently on active duty, or were honorably discharged within the past six months or less.

Veterans who have served any period of active duty in a branch of the U.S. military during a designated period of hostilities are eligible to naturalize at any time thereafter so long as any discharge at the conclusion of service was honorable. They have an obligation to complete five years of active duty military service.

Military applicants are exempt from the continuous residence and physical presence requirements, but must establish honorable service and good moral character during all periods of active service, and must demonstrate the requisite knowledge of English, basic civics, and attachment to the U.S. Constitution at the time of interview.

We Accept Visa, Mastercard & American Express

Karin Wolman is admitted to the bar in the State of New York.
Her practice is limited to U.S. Immigration & Nationality law.

This website is for general information purposes only. This information is not legal advice, and is not intended to serve in place of legal advice. You should consult with an attorney about your specific question or situation. Hiring an attorney is an important personal and professional decision, and should not be undertaken lightly.

Copyright 2015 Law Offices of Karin Wolman, PLLC - New York Immigration Lawyer - 48 Wall Street, 11th Floor. New York, NY, 10005-2907